Welcome!

Welcome to a special Christmas Edition blog! This blog was created to be a resource for us to gather and prepare our hearts and minds for the true purpose of the Christmas season. With the craziness and busyness of life we pray you can slow down and remember the great JOY of this holiday. Our Redeemer has come! Behold your King is here!

Please visit our regular blog at http://prayingthroughlife.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Our Hope

As I was getting ready to publish a post yesterday regarding fun advent activities to do with our children during this season the world erupted with news of this shooting. This time it was personal  because a little 6 year old boy from my extended family was sitting in the class when the shooter walked in and started firing. He saw his teacher and friends die. He ran and praise God was safe. 

How do you process this? More eloquent people than me will come out with better explanations so all I can offer today is this:  Our Hope is in Jesus. 2000 years ago Jesus came and fulfilled the hope of the scripture. He is the hope of the past, the hope of the present, and the hope of our future. Only in Christ will we be able to find hope in the middle of all this chaos. Yet, I'm reminded over and over that Jesus calms the storm with His very breath. We may feel chaos but He is most certainly calm. We beat our chests and cry out "why" but Jesus quietly says, "be still  and know that I am God." Right now, I rest in His hope. Without hope we can't find peace. 

So today, I thank the Lord he protected the sweet boys in our family and I pray He will comfort the families who lost their sweet children. I am grateful I can grieve we hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). Jesus is a great light in the midst of a dark place. 

With HOPE,
Leeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment